Teachers at all levels will delight in classroom-ready materials that help them organize their efforts to reach all students. Dr. Coil's book provides practical examples for a cross-section of standards, subjects, and grades. An accompanying CD includes templates that make customization easy. Classroom footage illustrates each tool or strategy in use with real kids, grades 1-8.
As you take this course, you will:
- listen to experts.
- watch real classroom learning.
- read research and best practice.
Methods of Instruction and Evaluation include:
- Pre and post surveys
- Videos (presentations consisting of interviews and classroom footage)
- Reflection Questions (open-ended questions at intervals throughout the course that ask participants to reflect on the course content, their own practice, and next steps for their practice)
- Apply It Activities (activities that apply new learning to one's own classroom)
- Checks for Understanding (selected-response quizzes to assess understanding)
- Discussion Forums (prompts that engage participants in online dialogue with their cohorts)
- Mid-course Project and Final Capstone Project
Included within each unit are readings, resources, and materials available to download, save, and print. At the end of each unit, you will find a KDS Application Toolkit that includes resources that can be used for implementation the next day; e.g., graphic organizers, project ideas, suggested texts and all onscreen graphics that are available to print or download.Course Resources