The purpose of this project is to apply your learning from Best Practices for Teaching African American Boys. To that end, you will create a lesson plan to address the needs of African-American boys, based on the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts (CCSS ELA). You will choose one standard from the CCSS ELA to use as the basis of your learning objectives for your lesson plan, and you will explain how you will make accommodations during the course of the lesson for boys' particular needs. Please note that you will receive feedback on your work and be evaluated against the project rubric.
Select and present one standard from the Common Core State Standards in ELA as the basis of your learning objectives. State the targeted students' grade range, and develop a lesson plan (using the template included below) tailored to the needs of African American boys.
- Define the objectives of the lesson plan.
- Develop three (3) activities.
- Explain what accommodations you will make in your classroom, in your instruction, or in the activities themselves to meet the needs of African American boys.
- Write a paragraph indicating how you expect your African American male students to respond to the lesson.
- What will they like?
- What might they struggle with?
- How will the lesson plan facilitate learning?